Last Updated: February 9, 2021
- Information collected through mediums other than our Services;
- Information collected by any person or entity other than us, even if related to our Services (such as a third-party website, application, widget or lead form).
Automatic Telephone Dialing System. By providing us with your telephone number, including on our Sites or over the telephone, you agree to be contacted by Paying For Long-Term Care and others that have contracted with us to be part of our referral information service program in relation to the Services that we provide you (together, the “Participating Resources”) to explore options relating to our Services. You agree to be contacted by telephone call or text message at the telephone number you provided using automatic telephone dialing systems, even if you previously registered on a Do Not Call registry, and consent is not a condition of any purchase.
COLLECTION & USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information directly from our users. The types of Personal Information we collect about you depend on your interactions with us and are described in more detail below.
Information We Collect Directly from You. The categories of Personal Information we collect directly from you include:
- Identifiers, such as your first name, last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address
- Information you provide on our Site to request Services for yourself or another person, for example your name, location, zip/postal code, mailing address, and email address
- Feedback you provide to us about our Services, including in response to surveys or through our customer service centers
Information Automatically Collected from Your Use of the Site. We may automatically collect information about you from your use of our Services, including by using website analytics tools or other technologies, like cookies and web beacons (which are described in more detail below).
The categories and types of information we collect automatically from your use of the Services include:
- Identifiers, such as your IP address and unique device identifiers;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as the type of browser you use, app version, access dates and times, pages viewed, and the page you visited before navigating to our Sites;
- Geolocation data, such as the country from which you access our Sites;
- Other information that relates to or is capable of being associated with you, such as information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information.
Web Beacons. Some pages of our Sites and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may collect information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from:
- Third-party social media services, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, that you use to interact with our Services (e.g., to provide feedback on our Services) or that allow you to share information (e.g., via plugins, widgets or other tools); and
- Unaffiliated parties, such as our service providers, analytics companies, advertising networks, affiliates, and other third parties that provide us with information, so we can better understand you and provide you with information that may be of interest to you.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For each category of Personal Information we collect about you (whether directly or automatically), we use such category of Personal Information for the business and commercial purposes set forth below:
- To provide you the Services and otherwise complete the transactions and/or referrals you request, perform our contractual obligations, and as otherwise anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship;
- Create and manage your online accounts;
- Communicate with you, including by telephone, text, email, and chat, regarding your use of the Services;
- Respond to your requests and any other communications from you, including to provide customer service;
- Send advertising or marketing communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us and provide news and information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Offer and administer surveys, contests, prize draws, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
- Conduct internal research and development;
- Analyze your engagement with Paying For Long-Term Care and your use of our Services to better understand your interests and behaviors and customize your experience;
- Detect security incidents and protect against malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity, including fraudulent transactions, error, negligence, and breach of contract, and to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Paying For Long-Term Care and our users, customers, employees, or the public;
- Debug, identify, and repair errors that impair the functionality of our Services;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with our business;
- Comply with our legal obligations, including our tax obligations and those related to the prevention of fraud and money laundering, and those required for you to benefit from rights recognized by law or any regulatory requirements or provisions; and
- With our legal, financial, insurance, and other advisors in connection with the kinds of transactions described above or in connection with the management of all or part of Paying For Long-Term Care’s business or operations.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will share your Personal Information as follows:
- To Our Service Providers. We may share Personal Information with one or more service providers with which we have contracted to provide services to us or to offer the Services you have requested from us.
- To Affiliated Companies. We may share your Personal Information with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- For Our Internal Analyses and Operations. We may share Personal Information with third party vendors for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as estimating our audience size, measuring aggregate traffic patterns, and understanding demographic trends among our users. The use and disclosure of your Personal Information by these other parties is restricted to performance of such tasks and is subject to confidentiality.
- As Part of Business Transfers. We may share Personal Information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or other business transaction.
- As Aggregated, Anonymized Information. We may share aggregated, anonymous, or de-identified information to our advertisers, business partners, and other third parties that cannot reasonably be used by those third parties to identify you.
- At your request. We may otherwise share Personal Information with your consent or at your direction.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
We may provide links to third party websites from our Site as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control nor are we responsible for the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of third party websites. When you click on links that take you to external websites, you will be subject to their privacy policies and practices and not ours. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such websites before providing them with any information.
We use reasonable security measures to store and protect your Personal Information while it is under our control. Please note, however, that no transmission of data over the Internet is 100% secure.
Our Services are designed for adults, not children under the age of 18. As such, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18, and our Services are not designed for such information.
QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS